According to the Telegraph, these are the top 50 signs that you take each other for granted in a relationship.
Do you recognise any of these?
The top 50 signs of being taken for granted
- Opting to sleep rather than having sex
2. Lack of ‘date nights’
3. You forget to say “I love you” everyday
4. You stop kissing each other goodbye
5. Got to bed at different times
6. Don’t cuddle up on the sofa in the evening anymore
7. Dressing down in tracksuit bottoms before the other half gets home
8. No longer bothering with Valentine’s Day
9. Assuming you’ll do all the chores
10. Breaking wind when partner is around
11. The little phone calls at work stop
12. Ditching matching underwear
13. You don’t religiously apply make-up before seeing each other
14. Forgetting to say thank you for dinner
15. You stop shaving your legs so often
16. You stop buying spontaneous gifts for no reason
17. Lacking on chores or doing half jobs
18. Leaving the toilet seat up
19. Not excited at the chance to spend one on one time with you
20. Prioritises their TV choices over yours
21. Wearing granny pants
22. Not closing the bathroom door when going to the toilet
23. You stop sending little flirty / mushy text messages
24. Watch TV in separate rooms
25. Stop celebrating anniversaries
26. Not letting the other know about plans which have been made
27. Spending the evening sitting in different rooms
28. Assumes / expects dinner, packed lunch etc
29. No little notes or silly texts
30. Watches TV or uses the mobile halfway through a conversation with you
31. Obsessing or dedicating too much time to a hobby / sport
32. Saying things like “I love you” as habit rather than meaning it
33. You only say “I Love you” in reply when your partner says it
34. Forgetting to say thank you
35. Don’t exchange information about what has happened that day
36. Thinking it’s okay to point out imperfections with body or appearance
37. Not noticing new haircuts or clothes
38. You agree not to exchange birthday or Christmas presents anymore
39. Less ‘in jokes’ between you
40. Getting vouchers or cash for birthdays instead of choosing a present
41. Making appointments with friends without checking with the other half
42. Less likely to share gossip about the day
43. Not bothered if you cancel or have to rearrange a date or meal out
44. Forgetting important dates
45. Forgetting or less interested in your career / issues in life
46. Eat at different times in the evening
47. Showering less
48. Overly excited at spending time with mates
49. Gets you to check out weird or worrying body issues
50. Gets irritated if you can’t pick them up or act as a taxi
I know I can certainly tick some of these off! How about you?
Our sex drives can be impacted by the feeling of being “taken for granted” and not appreciated.
Often, this causes resentment and frustration.
If you can relate to any of these feelings, check out the section of the blog on relationships.
Can you work together to try and counter some of these issues?